Sunday, August 18, 2013

Week 12

This is the last week of my training (Which is the first 3 months in the mission field)! This is the last week of the transfer, which means that this Sunday, I will know whether I am leaving the area or staying, training a new missionary, but I will not know where I will be going (if I leave) or who my new companion will be (if there are changes). I will know all of that on tuesday next week.

We baptized 2 more on Saturday! Maricruz and Dayan (Mother and daughter) are now members the Church! I baptized Maricruz and Elder Alejandre baptized Dayan. Baptisms are awesome! It´s a great feeling knowing that the Lord brought them to Christ through our efforts.

I got a bit sick this week. We ate some delicious burgers in this little shack... bad  idea, they were really good, but now every time I think of that burger, I feel sick again. I feel for the most part better now. 

I ate crickets this week. Apparently they catch crickets this time of year, cook them, and eat them. They really have no flavor. They also eat cactus here. They call it nopal. It is sour, slimy, makes a squeak every time you chew it, and I dont know why they eat it.

We had a zone conference last week on thursday (where the mission president comes and talks to 2 different zones, about 50 or 60 missionaries). Our mission president, President Christensen is pretty awesome. Right now, he has been trying teach us how to teach with power. One of the first steps to do this is study. If we know the doctrine really well, then the Spirit can bring to our remembrance that which we should say. The earlier that you start, the better.

I am glad all went well with your campout this week! Sounds like it was a fun trip! The mission life is full of ups and downs, I am not going to tell you many of the downs because they really dont matter. Congrats mom on the new job! I hope all goes well. I love you all very much! Thanks for the letters this week!

Love,
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment