Thursday, August 22, 2013

Week 13

This week has been an interesting week! Elder Alejandre, and most of my district were so sure that I would become a trainer (The first companion of a brand new missionary); but actually, I have no changes. they told me that I am still with Elder Alejandre, and that we both are staying the same area. So I am still in the ward Atempan in Chiautempan, Tlaxcala, México. I was expecting change, I actually wanted some change, but Elder Alejandre is awesome, I am excited to be another 6 weeks with him!

Well, dont worry, I am not sick anymore, it was just for a few days, but I was only too sick to work for one day, that was a P-day, so it really didn´t matter anyways. I expect to get sick many more times in the future... because thats what happens in México, everybody gets sick from the food.

Today, we played a lot of soccer for p-day with some other missionaries. We went to this park that has a turf field (it was a pretty crappy turf field, but it was cool because we usually play soccer on pavement). It was pretty fun, though I play like a gringo.

In my area of mexico, there isn´t any tourism at all, so there are just about no white people... except for the missionaries here so we get a lot of atention, especially the blondes. Some people on the streets will say stuff like "hello!" in sort of a mocking tone, sometime "¡Hola güero!" (Güero= white boy, or blondy). There is this one homeless old guy that walks around our area and every time that we see him he yells "¡Güero! ¡Güero!" and then he asks for money. This one crazy guy looked at me and started saying a bunch of wierd things, "la tecnología de Alemania" (the german technology) and then walked away before he said anything else. It is kind of funny.

All is well here in México! I love the mission, though it is always difficult. Thank you all for the letters this week! Why are they doing seminary on the computer? that´s kind of wierd. I am glad that all is well at home! Kannon: the time passes quickly, dont waste it!
I love you all so much!

Love,
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment