Sunday, February 16, 2014

February 3, 2014

Hello everyone! Well, the news with the transfers is that I am staying here in the Teotlaltzingo with Elder Garrido, so no changes. I am pretty happy about that, because we have some pretty good investigators right now. One of them, Araceli, is supposed to get baptized this Satuday, but right now she is sick so we are hoping that she feels better by Saturday. I think that I have already told you guys but a couple months ago the leaders told us that in order to be baptized, investigators must attend church 5 times. so that makes it a little more difficult to baptized, but it also makes for stronger converts.

Today for Pday, we and some other missionaries went to a pyramid close by. We hiked up a little hill in the morning and found what they told us was a ancient pyramid, but it was pretty much just an ancient man-made mound of dirt. The pyramid wasn´t impressive but it´s cool to think that the Lamanites were here before we were. I attached 3 photos, one the pyramid, one picture of me and some wierd grafiti, and the other of a chiuahua with the worst little dog syndrome I have ever seen (it acts like it wants to kill us every time we walk by but is scared to get too close).

Yesterday our stake had conference, and our bishop decided to rent a van to take us (the missionaries) and all of our investigators to the stake conference (which is about and hour drive away). we needed the van because very few of the members here have cars, and the ones that do don´t have room because the put 2 or 3 families in each car (in mexico you can put as many people as you like into a car). We were only able to bring 2 investigators and 4 less actives; and the other missionaries in the ward  brought 3 investigators.

Anyways, my time is up. This week I am going to start writing handwritten letters and then I am going to send them when I can. Thank you for all that you do! I love you all!

Until next week!
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment