Saturday, February 1, 2014

Week 1/27/2014

Buenas tardes! this week I now have little more time to write. So last week, when we climbed the mountain, we didn´t get all that far up. I would say that we still had 4,000 or 5,000 feet to the top, so that means we got to about 12 or 13 thousand feet up. That climb was a bit harder than the Malinche (the 14,000 foot I climbed a couple months ago) but it was pretty fun.

Friday morning we helped some members with their corn. What we did was scrape dry corn off the cobb into a giant bucket as you see in the picture. With filled up about two of those buckets with corn.

The next week is the end of the transfer, so I guess you guys know the drill by now, that next monday I will be able to tell you if I am leaving the area, or if I am recieving a new companion. In the next couple weeks we have 3 people that are going to be baptized, so if I leave the next week I am going to miss it. One of the investigators that is going to be baptized next week, Araceli (the blind investigator) is an investigator that was going to get baptized this Saturday but we had to change it because of the Stake Conference.

Today for Pday we went and played soccer with some other missionaries at a fake-grass field (I forget what its called). Compared to the Latin people, I really am not good at soccer, but it is still fun because there are other white guys that are worse than me.

Well, the mission is awesome! This whole transfer (6 weeks), we haven´t had much success but now we are starting to have a bit more. The mission is all about learning how to improve, work more efficiently, teach a more powerfully, and become more like Christ everyday. Something that I learned over the past couple weeks is that even when you have companions that are pretty difficult, you can still learn from each one of them, but it takes humility. You can´t learn if you aren´t humble. Even if someone corrects you in a prideful, contentious, or contemptious way, there is always something to be learned.

I am glad that all is well at home and that you guys are participating in missionary work. Now I just have somethings that I want you guys to tell me in your next letters:

What are the missionaries doing (or what have they done in the past) to work with the members in missionary work?
What are the members of the Branch doing to participate?
What have you guys done and what are you doing now to work in unity with the missionaries?

Well I love you all! I hope that you have a great week!
Until Next week!

Love
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment