Monday, April 21, 2014

Week of 4/14/2014

Hello everyone! Another good week in the mission field!

I have some good news and some bad news. I guess that I´ll start with the bad. Verenice, an investigator that has been investigating for more than 6 or 7 months, was going to be baptized this week but has to wait another week or two to fix some things in her life, but she has a strong desire to do everything and join the church. The good news is that her daughter, Corina (14 years old), doesn´t want to wait so she is going to be baptized this Satuday after attending EFY this week!

We also have two other investigators that want to be baptized, Diana and her daughter Natalia (13 years old). Right now they have their baptismal date for the 26th of this month. They both seem like great people. They are also going to be strong members of the church. Diana has already read up to Mosiah in the Book of Mormon. Natalia also went to EFY this week, so she´ll definitely feel the spirit there.

This week we found a sort of crazy new investigator, Rolando, who is about 70 or 80 years old (we didn´t ask him his age). We contacted him in the street one day and he was willing to listen to us. When he was younger he was in profesional wrestling, but mexican wrestling, exactly like Nacho Libre, where they wear underwear, a cape and a mask.. Right now he is retired and has a lot of money and nothing to do, so he makes arts and crafts in his house. We taught him a lesson and then we took pictures in his house. He made the weird looking gorilla that you´ll see in the picture that I took of me trying to immitate the face of the gorilla.

The sad thing is, is that Rolando, even though he is friendly, he is also super stubborn with his beliefs and a bit prideful. So we aren´t going to spend too much time with him, but at least the pictures are cool

I heard that Kannon went to prom, but I have seen no picture! I hope that you had fun at your last prom!

Something that we have started doing, is going on splits with the members. I don´t know if splits is the right word in English, but we (me and my companion) each take a brother in the ward that is a priest, or has the Melchezidech priesthood, and we split work separate so that we can teach more people at once. Right now, the members really aren´t used to working with the missionaries, and sometimes it is a bit hard to find people willing to work with us.

Well I hope you enjoy the pictures. I hope that you guys can send some pictures more often. Just a question: A couple weeks ago, I sent a letter by mail, Did you guys ever get it? I am going to start putting together a package to send to you guys, with some printed pictures, and some other mexican things. Luckily there is a post office close to the area here. But i´ll talk to you all more next week! I love you all! Keep working hard!!!!

Until next week!
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment