Monday, April 21, 2014

4/21/2014 Tlaxcallan 2, with Elder Ramirez

Hey everyone, happy late easter! I hope that all is well at home.

I had a couple people tell me that they were concerned about an earthquake... the truth is that I didn´t even feel it. Some people asked us " did you feel the earthquake!?" and we answered them honestly and innocently with a different question: "what earthquake? we didn´t feel anything." So don´t worry, i´m alright.

This week we Corina was baptized, and it is an interesting story. At first she was going to be baptized on Saturday, after FSY (a youth program just like efy). Verenice, Corina´s mom, was also going to be baptized but she has to change some things in her life before her baptism, but Corina didn´t want to wait. Thursday night, we were told that the members changed Corina´s baptismal date to Friday at 1:00 (which is out of their authority to do), and they didn´t even think to tell us. Corina wanted to be baptized on Friday so that her FSY group could be there, It really isn´t a bad idea, but the members of the ward took it in to their own hands to plan, organize, and carry out her baptism, and we, the missionaries in charge of her baptism, almost didn´t find out until after. (if you have questions about why that´s not okay, ask Dad). But in the end, everything came out okay, Corina was baptised and we were there for it. My companion, Elder Ramirez is the one that baptized her. On Sunday we talked with the people that tried to take matters into their own hands... they aren´t going to do it again.

The funny thing about the baptism is that we did in front of 300 people, everyone in the FSY. 300 people couldn´t have all fit into one room so they recorded the baptism and transmitted it to the Sacrament room so that everyone could see. It was interesting, and I wouldn´t like to have another baptism like that again, but it was fun and a good memory. Corina´s mom, Verenice is going to be baptized on the 3rd of May.

Today for PDay, our mission president gave our zone permission to see a movie in the theater: The Son of God. I don´t know what to expect but at 2:30 we are going to see it, that is why I am writing you all so early.

And also in a little bit, before the movie I am going to see some converts because my area is so close to them. Elder Alejandre, my first companion also is going to come and see them because he is about to end his mission. So next week i´ll let you know how it goes.

You guys also asked me about the Easter traditions here all they did really was party. Everyone played loud music and got drunk. But that is about it for the Mexican Easter traditions

But now I gotta go! Kannon... well done with prom. I hope that you are excited for your mission, use time wisely and prepare, because time flies really fast. I love you all! Next week I am planning on sending a package home, but I don´t know how long it is going to take to get there. But Keep working hard and sharing the Gospel!

I love you all!
Until next week
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment