Sunday, July 6, 2014

6/30/14 Tlaxcallan 2, with Elder Salazar

Good afternoon family! I hope that you are all have fun in Havasupai! It looks like an awesome place. This week was an interesting week. I have a few stories to share.

One day we were walking down the street. As we were walking we passed by a group of drunk guys sitting and drinking on the side of the road. For some reason, drunk guys always want to talk to us. One of them yelled at me "Come over here güero!! Get over here!!" (güero is like saying white boy). Talking to drunk guys is usually a huge waist of time, because they aren´t really mentally aware, so I told them that we had an appointment and we kept walking. 10 minutes later we were still walking and a women passed by us running and screaming and screamed at us " Young men! Young men! Call the Police my drunk husband wants to beat me!!!" Thirty seconds after she passed by, the same drunk guy that yelled at me 10 minutes earlier ran by chasing his wife. Luckily, we were about 10 yards from the pólice station, so they took him away. What would have happened had we stayed and talked with the drunk guy?... who knows, but I´m glad we didn´t. There are often drunk people in the Street, so we usually avoid them when posible.

Then on Wednesday. we had a lesson with Marilu, Aquelina and Mario Alberto. Marilu said that she had a dream. She told us that she saw a tree and a path, and from that she said that she felt that the church is true and that she needs to keep going to church and listening to the missionaries. I don´t know how she got that answer out of that dream, but just as Mormon says in Moroni 7:13, if it tells us to do something good, then it is from God. The Latin people have a lot of dreams. I guess that God communicates with people in diverse ways, because I have never had a revelation in a dream... or maybe I just don´t remember it, because when I wake up in the morning the last thing I remember is going to bed.

A few weeks ago, I had to go to the immigration office to renew my Visa (we have to do it annually). When I got there, after waiting for five minutes or so when it was my turn to go to the desk, they called "Christopher!"... no one answered "Christopher!!" this time a tittle bit louder. Then "Christopher Davis!!". With a confused look, I went up to the desk and saw my picture next to the name Christopher Davis. So I told them that I was Davis but not Christopher. Apparently they made some mistaked in the system and had changed my name to Christopher. So I showed them my Passport and they changed my name back to Shane. I asked them if there was anything else I had to do before I left and they said that was all, so I left thinking that my Visa was good for another year. Then, on wednesday. I recieved a call from the secretary of the mission, he told me "Elder, you need to go back to the immigration office tomorrow or they are going to deport you!". Apparently they made some more mistakes with my Visa and it just about expired. Luckily, they didn´t deport me, I went back to the immigration office, and they fixed everything, so I am still here in mexico.

Anways, those are the stories that I got this week! I hope that you are all having having a ton of fun in Havasupai. I can´t wait for the package to get here! Kannon... I am still excited for you! Keep preparing for the mission, don´t read the scriptures prayerfully study them, because you can´t teach the góspel if  you don´t know it.

I love you all I wish for the best! My last 9 months in the mission are going to go by way too fast, and then it will be over... Until Next week!

Love,
Elder Shane Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment