Sunday, July 13, 2014

7/7/14 Tlaxcallan 2, with Elder Salazar

Hello everyone! I am glad to hear that Havasupai was awesome. I am even more glad to hear that you are planning to go when I come back!

I feel like I learned alot this week and that we worked hard. This week I learned that as missionaries, we need to make every lesson a powerful one. Sometimes it is easy to think that some lessons are more important than others, and therefore, we try harder in some lessons than in others, and some lessons that we give are great, and some are just all right. But the truth is, is that we have to try hard in every, pray hard all ways, rely on the Spirit to guide us always. As it says in Doctrine and Covenants 50:17-18, if we don´t teach with the spirit, then it isn´t from God. We need to pray fervently always for the Spirit to guide us in the lessons to always have powerful and Spiritual lessons.

Yesterday we went on splits with the members to teach more people at once. Splits are when each missionary of a companionship take another guy in the ward (at least 16 years old, holding the priesthood) and they split off and teach more people at once. That is a great way to help more people, and also strengthen the members that go with us. We actually have been getting the members in the ward to help us out with the lessons. Every member that went with us to make visits has been strengthen spiritually. I don´t know how the work is in the running springs Branch, but the missionaries should have the help of the members... and given that there are sisters there, that means that the sisters in the ward should help them out and make visits with them (mom, justine).

Recently we were given a new rule: when we have activities on our Pday, we can´t have groups with more than 4 missionaries. So now we can´t get together to play sports with more than two other missionaries... so that really limits the things we can do on our Pdays. I don´t really know why they gave us this new rule, but I guess that we gotta obey it with a smile.

Well, other than that, I don´t have any other stories this week... I do have some photos but the computer that I am at right now doesnt have a place to put my SD card, so I guess I´ll send them next week. But I love you all so much and thank you all for your letters. I got the package you guys sent me this week and its awesome! thanks so much! But I´ll talk you guys next week!

Love you all so much!
love
Elder Shane Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment