Sunday, October 5, 2014

9/29/14 Almecatla 1A with Elder Rivera

Hello everyone and good afternoon! I hope that all is well in at home!

This week we had an interesting week. We worked pretty hard but we didn´t have much success. Lately we have been talking with a bunch of people and many of them accept and then they give us their address so that we can talk with them in their homes, but when we go to there houses, they´re not there. So right now we have been having trouble finding and teaching the people that we talk with in the street. But I also feel like we have been working hard and doing our part in finding the people... so I know that if week keep working our hardest, the Lord will bless us with the miracles we need.

But even in this difficult situation we have been blessed with little miracles. Two of our recent converts have been very happy since their baptism, and now their granddaughter, also wants to be baptize. She is 15 years old and lives with her grandma because her mother was killed and while ago. At first she said that she doesn't want to be baptized until March because her birthday is in March... so we talked with her a little bit, and now she is going to think  and pray about when she should be baptized.

We are also starting to have a lot more support from the members of the ward. We have found a couple members that really like to work with us. We were able to do splits this week with two brothers in the ward and teach more people at one time, and we are going to keep doing that and encouraging the members to be more missionary minded.

Anyways, things are going good. I have learned a ton of things here in the mission. Time´s going by super fast in the mission! I only have about 6 months left until I go home!! six months doesn´t really seem like a long time to me, and I know that it will go by super fast (for me at least).

Thank you all for the letters this week. I hope you enjoy the general conference this weekend. I love you all and i´ll talk to you next week!

Love,
Elder Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment