Sunday, October 19, 2014

10/13/14 Almecatla 1a with Elder Rivera

Hello and good afternoon everyone. I´ll start off with the news about transfers (start the drum roll...) My companion, elder rivera is leaving the area and I am staying here. So tomorrow I will be recieving a new companion. Elder Rivera was surprised when they told him that had was going to be tranfered, because he has only been in this area for five weeks, and he is entering into his last six weeks of the mission.

This transfer, I am already entering into my last 4 transfers in the mission. Time is going by super fast, but I have learned so much in the time that I have been in the mission. But I still have a lot to learn.

This week we had a good week. We had a lot of participation from the members this week. There are some members in the ward that really like to work with us, and some that really don´t do anything. This is a pretty good ward, strong in some aspects and weak in others, but the leader s of the ward are trying hard. Right now in the ward we don´t have a church building. a couple weeks ago they started remodeling the church building to make it bigger, because it is a little too small to hold the ward. So right now we are meeting in the house of one of the members. They put a huge tarp above their yard for the rain and the sun, and we meet in the member´s yard every sunday. It´s kind of funny. They are expected to take 6 months until they finish reconstructing the church.

Lately we have worked a lot with JC and his wife, Martha, and their family. J is less active and his wife  isn´t a member of the church.

Also last week I think I told you guys a little bit about A.,  she is the granddaughter of one of the members, 15 years old. At first she wanted to be baptized in March because of her birthday. We talked with her a little bit, and now she has decided to be baptized a little bit sooner, but not that much sooner. She now wants to be baptized in January. It´s a little bit frustrating because she wants to be baptized in 3 months when she could do it in a week, but I guess it is her decision, not ours. Anyways, at least she has decided to be baptized and to join the church, one day she is going to be a strong member of the church.

Anyways, things are going good and getting better in the area. we are finding new people to teach. I´ll let you all know about my new companion next week. Well, I love you all. Be good this week. Talk to someone about the gospel. Love you!

Until next week,
love
Elder Shane Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment