Sunday, December 14, 2014

December 1, 2014

Hola! Buenas Tardes! The weeks just keep going by super fast! Well I am now in the area of Apizaco, which is once again in the Chiautempan stake (the same stake as Atempan and Tlaxcallan) and it seems like a great ward and  great area. There are a lot of members here and with that I am pretty sure that we can find a lot of people to teach.

I am now with Elder Vela, from Coahuila Mexico (see the photo). I am actually junior companion now helping out Elder Vela because he is a brand new district leader. The mission president does that alot where he puts former and experienced district leaders (like me) with new district leader (like Elder Vela) to help them learn. I have felt great about everything up until now, and I still feel great even though I am junior companion again.

Elder Vela is a funny guy. He is slightly over emotional and always stressed out, and as his stress relief he likes to vent and talk about all of his problems at me (we are quite the opposites right?). So it`s a pretty fun companionship and we get a long great. I am glad to have the opportunity to help him out in his new responsabitlity as district leader, because it can be a little bit stressful.

This week Elder Toriz, from the quorum of the 70 visited the mission on Friday, and taught some very important things. He talked a lot about how toteach with the spirit, because if we don`t have the spirit, we can`t teach with power. That is one of the most important things that I have learned in the mission, is how to  teach. I know that I can teach alot better than I could in the past, but I know that there is still room for alot of improvement.

A couple weeks ago I started doing a lot of exercises almost everymorning, but I got sick last week and I think I lost all that I gained :( I am going to try again.

Anyways, I am learning a ton here in the mission. The Lord is teaching me many important lessons. Oh, and the church started doing something cool. They are encouraging us to share a video that the church made called "He is the Giftt" You guys should check it out: christmas.mormon.org (it is about 2 minutes and 30 seconds long but its super powerful). Watch it!! I love you all and I`ll talk to you guys next week about how it`s going in the area. I love you all!!

Attentamente
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment