Monday, March 31, 2014

Week of March 24th

Hello family! 

Well, here is the news that you have all been waiting for...(drum roll please...) I am in the area of Tlaxcallan 2 with Elder Ramirez! Right now, I am right next to my first area, Atempan, and we share a church building with that ward. So on Sunday I got to see a bunch of members from Atempan. I didn´t see any of my converts yesterday, but I am going to look for them a little bit harder next Sunday.

I don´t know if you guys remember Guadelupe, the mother of Enrique, Angel, and Fernando whose, three sons were baptized without here because she had to work on Sunday. Well I was notified that she was baptized a couple weeks ago.

My new companion, Elder Ramirez is a stud. He is from Chihuahua, Mexico, and he has been out in the mission for almost four months, And I am actually his 2nd companion. He seems to have learned the missionary life pretty fast, he only seems a little bit like a greeny. But he´s awesome and he works hard. We get along great.

The people in this area are a bit different than my last. In Teotlaltzingo, the people were very willing to listen to us, but they weren´t very willing to change or apply the teaching to their own lives. Here the people are less willing to listen to us, but the people that we find are more willing to accept the gospel, kind of like Atempan. 

Another funny thing about this area is that there really aren´t a lot of men. Walking along the streets there are probably 3 women to every guy. Almost all of our investigators are single mothers. The problem with that is that we can´t enter houses of women without another adult male. So it´s a little bit difficult sometimes finding brothers in the ward to work with us so that we can enter their houses and teach them, because they are all flakes.

Right now. we are working hard and talking with a lot of people. There might be two baptisms this Friday. but it isn´t 100 percent sure, so i´ll let you guys know next week. Their names are Verenice and Corina, a single mother and her 15 year old daughter, who have been listening to the missionaries for a couple months and have recently made the decision to be baptized. Right now I really don´t know them that well, but they seem like they´ll be stong members.

I attatched some 2 photos that didn´t go through last week, and one of me and Elder Ramirez. Well my hours up! Thank you mom and dad for the letters this week ( I feel like my sibblings grew tired of writing every week). Keep working hard and staying strong! I love you all!

Until next week!
Elder Davis

1 comment:

  1. Elder Davis fue un gran placer verte y saludarte el día de hoy ahora que haz regresado a Tlaxcala ... Te apreciamos mucho.

    ReplyDelete