Sunday, May 25, 2014

5/19/14 Tlaxcallan 2, with Elder Ramirez

Good afternoon everyone! I hope that all is well at home. I sent a package home today, it will probably get there in about a month or more. I sent some mexican goodies, so I hope you enjoy!

Right now, the work is going pretty good. We found a new family to teach: Eduardo and Janet, a young married couple who still don´t have kids. But they are pretty funny. In the first lesson that we had with them, we started the lesson with a prayer, and Eduardo (who really isn´t the emotional kind of guy) started to cry uncontrolably saying "that was wierd, i´ve never felt anything like that before". And during the lessons, he and his wife understand everything pretty well. They attended church with us yesterday and they liked it alot.

Recently, we noticed that we have been finding plenty of people to teach, plenty of investigators that are great. but they progress super slowly towards baptism. So elder Ramirez and I were thinking about what we can do more to help them progress faster. One thing that we thought of, is friendship. Many people don´t progress in the gospel because they don´t have support from the members or friends in the ward. Another thing that we thought of is helping them fulfill their commitments (such as attend chuch, read the Book of Mormon, obey the word of wisdom, etc.). So we are going to try even harder to help the people we teach progress towards their baptism.

Elena, Irais´s daughter (27 years old) is starting to progress pretty well. She wants to be baptized in the coming weeks, but she has to stop smoking, which will be a chellenge for her, but now she is starting to have more friends in the ward from some of the single adults. So that will help her alot.

The other day, I tried to take money out of my card to my bank account, but it didn´t let me. I don´t know if there is a problem or if it is just the ATM machinee but, the card expires in July,

But, my hour is up. Thank you all for the emails this week. Sorry I didn´t write much this week. The next week will be more. I love you all I hope that all is well at home. Kannon, keep preparing and getting ready for you mission. And family: Keep sharing the gospel and working with the missionaries!

I love you all so much!
Until next week,
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment