Sunday, September 21, 2014

9/8/14

Well, I am now in my new area, Almecatla 1A, and I am also back in the state of Tlaxcala. It seems like a great area, there are a lot of people to teach here. This area is sort of a small town, with a lot of farms, corn fields etc. I think that I am going to love it here.

I have kind of a funny story with my companionship situation. On Tuesday, I got to this area with Elder Gonzalez as my companion. So on tuesday we started working together in the area, and then on Saturday, we got a phone call, and one assistentes told us that elder Gonzalez had emergency transfers and that we would have to change companions on Monday. So, just a little bit ago, we went to the offices with Elder Gonzalez´s suitcases, and now my companion is Elder Rivera from Honduras... the same rivera that was my companion for two weeks almost a year ago in Teotlaltzingo. So, that is sort of a funny coincedence. And right now Elder Rivera has only 2 tranfers left in his mission. So I might be his last companion. (I sent a pictures of me and gonzalez, next week I´ll send of me and rivera)

And right now I am still district leader. In the district it´s me, Elder River, Hermana Cuevas, Hermana Flores, Hermana Gaona, Hermana PeƱalosa, Hermana Cuevas (a different one), and Hermana Lindsey. So yeah... I am the district leader of 6 sister missionaries, and my companion. The members say that I am the relief society president (hahaha). So it´s kind of a funny situation in this district. Next week I´ll send you a picture.

So this area will be a new adventure. Things seem to be going pretty good in the area. There are some people that might be baptized in the coming weeks. Right now, I still don´t know the area very well yet, so that will a challenge, because my companion knows it less than I do.

But we are going to work hard in this area. There are plenty people to talk to in the streets, and there are 6 sister missionaries depending on my example. I am excited for this new transfer.

So i´ll let you all know how things go in the area next week!

I love you all!
Love
Elder Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment