Sunday, May 5, 2013

MTC week 3


Dear Family,

This week has been pretty awesome! I sent a written letter home on Monday... did you guys get it yet? I haven't heard back yet.


You guys should give me Ynez's address! I can't write her using Dear Elder, and I can only email her on Fridays. You should send her mailing address through DearElder so that I can get it beforenext Friday. But thank you Angie for sending me one of her updates. I am happy that she is doing awesome. I never expected  anything less from her.

On Sunday, I was called to be the District Leader! And Elder Patten and Elder Yorgason were called to be the Zone Leaders. My written responsabilities include going to meetings, and picking up mail after lunch and dinner. But I am going to do my best to make the most out of my new and powerful position.

We now have two investigators. Hermano Toledo (who is such and awesome teacher) is still acting as Jorge, and Hermano Johnston is acting as Luis. We just taught our first lesson to Luis on Wednesday. We did pretty well, I think. Jorge is progressing very well. It is always amazing when the Lord fulfills His promise: "Treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given you in the very hour that portion that shall be meted unto every man." D&C 84:85. Kannon, Justine, and Braden: I encourage you to always treasure up in your minds the scriputures. This is one of the best ways that you can prepare for you missions, marriage...and life.

I forgot to say last week that I saw Elder Benjamin Doxey, if you remember him from when we lived in Sandy. I didn't have my camera with me though.

During Gym time, our district has been playing volleyball almost everyday! its pretty fun. We also played soccer a couple times on the field.

I love it here! though, I can't wait to get out and get to work. To me, it is a little disappointing that many of the Elders that I see don't really take the mission seriously. I am trying to take full advantage of the MTC while I am here. When I leave, I don't want to look back and regretfully say that I should have done better.
I am happy to hear that all is well with you guys! Mom, I hope that all goes well with you're new job!!

Thank you everybody that has written me! I really appreciate it, keep them coming. I apologize that I can't reply to everybody. But anyone that wants a reply should leave their mailing address with it.

I love you guys! You are the greatest family that anyone could ask for! And I am sorry that i don't have any pictures this week.

Love
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment