Sunday, January 18, 2015

Week of January 12th, 2015

Hello and good afternoon! Justine: don´t get into a habbit of regularly getting fired ok!? This week we had an interesting week.

On Tuesday morning, when I woke up, my foot hurt; it didn´t hurt super bad, but I couldn´t put much weight on my heel. I thought that I could just walk it out and the pain would go away. So after walking it out for two whole days of walking without putting any weight on my heel, the pain got worse. So I decided to get it looked at in the hospital. And they made me rest for two whole days! :( That kind of sucked. I left the house only to go to appointments that were close to the house. But after resting for a little while my foot doesn´t hurt. We think that I only strained a muscle or a tendon or something like that. Neither me nor my companion know what I did... but everythings alright now, Ill be able to walk just fine this week.

This week we are going to have a zone conference with the mission president. It was sort of a surprise to us because we just a conference a little bit ago, but i imagine that he has some important things to tell us. 

This week we had a good experience. In our area, we pretty much never use public transport because the area is small. But my companion had to do a baptismal interview for someone in another ward, and to get there we had to take the microbus (it´s just a van with a lot of seats that acts like a bus), which can fit about 10 or 15 people. So before getting on, I said a little prayer asking God to put someone in the van that would accept listening. So I gave hadnout cards to everyone and talked a little bit about the restoration and asked everyone in board if they would be interested in hearing more. Out of everyone, only the last person said yes and was very interested in hearing more (which is lucky, because many times nobody says yes). But I feel good about it, because many times we need to talk with many people to find a few that are interested. 

I attached a photo of me in front of a place called "Plaza de Toros", a famous place in our area where they do bullfighting with those wierdly dressed guys with red sheets saying "toro toro!!" One brother in the ward told us that in bull fights, they fight the bulls until they kill it... and then they sell the meat in butcher´s shops. I thought that was kind of funny.

Anyways, as i always have said, the mission has thus far been the best experience of my life. I don´t want it to end! I bought some protein powder today; I hope that I can look good when I get home! Keep working hard to share the gospel! Be the type of people that the Lord can trust! and i´ll try my hardest to do the same!

Until Next Week,
Love
Elder Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment