Sunday, February 22, 2015

Week of 2/16/15

Hello and good afternoon. So my companion is going to be leaving the area! That means that tomorrow I will recieve my new companion... most likely my last companion!


This last week, I thought that Elder Vela was feeling better, then on tuesday, he started feeling super bad again and we went back to the hospital... and then we had to stay the night there. They stuck an IV in his arm again and gave him a bunch of medications through a tube. Overall we were there about 21 hours. I slept on a surprisingly comfy couch; I didn´t have a blanket so I put a jacket on and curled up in a ball and slept like a rock on the couch nexts to my companion´s bed. During the time that we were there, I think I read about 100 pages of Jesus the Christ.

Right now, we have plenty of good people in teaching, but in these last two weeks with a sick companion, there hasn´t been a lot of time to go out and teach them. Luckily Elder Vela feels better now; he is even eating normal food again.

And I have good news, the other day, the secretaries of the mission told me that I have a package that just got here!! So it looks like the package you guys sent me wasn´t lost after all! It just took double or maybe triple the time that it usually takes. Tomorrow at the tansfers meeting they are going to give me the package.

Anyways, I officially have 6 weeks left in the mission. I still don´t feel different. I feel the same as always. When I tell people how much time I have been out in the mission field, they always look surprised. I plan on working hard until the end. I know that the calling I have as a missionary is important, and I can´t justify getting trunky, lazy, disobedient, or relaxed in these last few weeks. I love the mission. I have learned so much, yet I still have much to learn.

I am excited for my package, I am excited for my new companion, and I am excited to work hard this week!

I love you all!
Until next week,
Elder Shane Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment